Thursday, April 22, 2010

country music marathon: headin' home, ya'll


This weekend, I'm headin' down south for the Country Music Marathon on Saturday, April 24th.  Part of the Rock n' Roll marathon series, the Country Music Marathon is a tour of downtown Nashville, Tennessee, with bands scattered along the 13.1 or 26.2 mile course.


The race begins in Centennial Park and continues along many of Nashville's famous sights: music row, Belmont University, the State Capitol Building, the Cumberland River, Shelby Park, Shelby Bottoms Greenway, & ends outside LP Field, home of the Tennessee Titans.

And if I'm lucky, I might even get a sneak peak of this little gem along the way.

Truth be told, my preparation has included very little running. In fact, almost none at all. I like to think of my preparation as more mental than physical...and my motivation for crossing the finish line on Sunday? My mom and dad. Not letting them beat me, that is.

My mom Gerry and dad Glenn will be racing the half marathon, following months of preparation to run their first half marathons, and I could not be more proud! Stay tuned for post-race highlights and photos...


Speaking of Tennessee...I grew up about 30 miles down the road from Nashville, in a town called Murfreesboro- yes, that's right, THE geographic center of Tennessee. Mufreesboro's centricity is only one of the many reasons that I love Tennessee. Here are some others: the Vols, the ice, the (former) World's Largest Red Cedar Bucket (RIP), Jeff Fisher & those Tennessee Titans, the whiskey, the food, and the music!

Feel free to share the things that you love about the Volunteer State...

No comments:

Post a Comment